Thursday, January 17, 2008

My bittersweet moments of motherhood..

Well, it's 3:30 AM and Bryce is sick again. My poor baby. We went to church and he was fine. Came home and he played...I put him to bed and an hour later he was crying. It wasn't just any cry mind you, it was that poor, helpless I'm sick cry. Any mother can tell the different cries of her "cub." I knew instantly.

He has been up and down all night crying. It seems as though he is in pain and cannot rest. It may be his ear. I wanted to take him to the ER but Daddy says it will be okay and to just go in the morning. It's hard to explain to those you do not have children, but the pitiful cry of your child in pain is so heartbreaking..

I will say that it's bittersweet when a child is sick. For a moment, they stop, and want Mommy's touch. They want to cuddle, love and just be held....how precious. It's wonderful to be needed but at the same time so hard when your little one isn't feeling well. It's those moments when Bryce is clinging to me in the rocking chair that I feel guilt come over me. Guilt because of all the times I am so frustrated I just want to scream. Guilty because I know at times, I take my role of a mother for granted.

Lord, thank you for the wonderful blessing of children...I love my boys and wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. I ask that you put your hand upon them both..heal Bryce. Thank you God for entrusting me with these two little ones. Please give me the patience and knowledge I need to raise them to be like you. Amen.

No comments: