Sunday, January 27, 2008

Better late than never right?

Hi all!
Oh how I have missed you! Sorry I've been silent lately in the "blog world." There have been many things going on---but just not much time to sit at the computer (all moms out there understand what I just said). Life sometimes just gets hairy....

We had another poop episode the other night. I went into Bryce's room to say goodnight and turn off his movie and I smelled poop. I turned the light on and yep, there it was in all it's glory! He had taken of his pj pants, removed his diaper and continued to play with his poop. It was stuck all between his fingers, there was a (excuse me for this term) "patti" in the bed that he kept stepping on, so it was smashed between his toes. He then drew the cutest little "poop art" on the wall....disgusting, but cute.

It was all I could do to hold my composure. I was so tired and now I would have to go into disinfect mode. Victor being the germ-a-phobe that he is (all you who know my husband know how weirdo he is about germs--WAY above normal), gagged all the way down the hall. Luckily my mom and I (funny how women can handle just about anything) took him into the bathroom and scrubbed him down; and I do mean SCRUBBED. I bleached everything in sight, Lysoled the entire room, washed down the mattress, got a new cover and new bedding out, changed him into his new pj's, got a new "paci" and sippy cup and he was off to bed for the second time.

Whew...what an ending to a day huh? But, we survived it. It's happened before, so I'm sure it will happen again.

I hope everyone is doing well. Today was a great day. Sunday's are always great for me because I love to go to church. It's so refreshing for me...it's a break from this cruel and mean world in which we live.

I'm off to bed...much housework to be done tomorrow. If I opened the doors to my laundry room right now, I would be attacked by an avalanche of laundry....and since I don't envision myself dying that way, I'll have to get it done!

Blessings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your poop episode. I have to thankfully say that is one thing I haven't had to deal with yet..the only one of my kids who ever took her diaper off is Cora, and she had the grace to hold it all in when she did! ha!
Anyway, it sounds like you handled it all with aplomb though..you're right..we moms can handle just about anything!