Thursday, January 17, 2008

Coke-A-Cola Addict...

Well, I never thought I'd say it, but I'm addicted to cokes. It's pretty sad. I was NEVER a coke drinker before I got pregnant with Bryce. I drank sprite--that was the only soda I would drink; and even then it was rare. But one day, while being pregnant and very sick, someone suggested that I try a coke to "settle my stomach." I was very hesitant to try this because #1-cokes are bad for your teeth and I was trying to maintain somewhat of a Miss America smile, and 2-don't you clean batteries of cars with Coke?! Imagine what it does to my intestines?!?!

Anyhow, it not only settled my stomach, it also gave me a new found craving that I have never quite gotten over. It's so bad now that I have at least one a day if not more, and if I don't drink one by noon, I have a major headache. Awesome. So, in an attempt to be healthy, I am going to try to quit the cokes. A friend of mine has lost 40 pounds on quitting cokes alone! Not even changing her food intake!!

Pray for me all of you, as I try to go "cold turkey" on my favorite drink!

No comments: