Monday, January 28, 2008

Boys love their Mommas!!

Whoever said boys don't like to snuggle must not have a boy. Boys are so sweet and so cuddly.

Today I picked Bryce up from school and just ran into my arms and gave me what he calls a "big squeeze!" I love those..

All day today he's been so cuddly. I could hardly fold clothes because he wanted to sit in my lap and hug on me. At first I was thinking of ways to distract him so I could get my laundry done but then I thought, "Wait a minute, that's crazy...I'll let him sit here all night and not get one thing done if he wants to sit in my lap!" He's only momma's baby once... soon he'll be out the door to the movies with his friends, and on dates with a girlfriend and cuddling with mom will be a thing of the past.

My hope and prayer is that even though they'll be grown and independent, they'll always remember mom had time to love on them, and that she cared.

What a privilege it is to be called, Mom. A word that is only 3 letters long but has the responsibility greater than any other title. Lord, help me to always remember what an honor not a burden this title is.

No comments: