Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Home Improvements..

Well, Victor and I painted our living room today--it looks so much better. The room feels warm and more inviting. They layout of the living room is a little odd so placing furniture the correct way is a little hard. Our couches are just bulky and weird so whichever way we position them they look odd.

I'm just glad we got to paint! I am going to make this house feel like a house! I just don't have many things to fill it up--but in time, I can make it look nice.

We also took the same paint color and painted the entire hallway--it looks wonderful. Cozy and nice.

I spent an hour with my mom pushing couches around and moving the seriously heavy entertainment center--my back is aching. Victor had left to run a few errands so I was left to figure things out on my own--which I can totally handle!

I was a backslider and stayed home from church because I was really really tired today--so I guess I thought it would be smart to move furnitre around. Not a good idea. Sorry Lord, I should have been in Your House tonight..

I will share with you guys a GREAT product that you just have to try! Those furniture sliders--from Bed Bath and Beyond---are awesome! And--they work!! After an hour of pushing around heavy furniture I ran up there, spent $14.99, and we were ever-so-lightly pushing our couches around with ease! The best $14.99 I've spent in a while!! It even works on carpet! I suggest you try them ladies when you need some furniture moved and your husband isn't available!!

Okay well I'm off to bed--my kids are both finally down asleep (praise Jesus!) and the comfy bed is calling my name. Night!

5 comments:

Silvia said...

It took six weeks to paint that living room!

What color did you paint it?

Silvia said...

Did you not like the white? I worked really hard on that living room.

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness! of ALL the posts I've ever made THIS was your first to comment?? I had nothing against the white..you did a great job on it--but with Bryce banging every toy imaginable on the walls, he was chipping away all the white and you could see the brown!

It's a camel color.

Anonymous said...

Uh-oh..I was thinking as I read this if you guys told Silvia yet..I knew how much she loved her all-white living room.

We painted ours a golden color (that extends to our kitchen) to go with our old-world theme and to hide those stains better as well. Basically, the only white walls in my house are the kid's hallways..when we moved here from apartment living, I painted every room and bathroom..

Anonymous said...

Hey Mandy,

We pretty much have painted every room in the house. Except the kitchen. Silvia said to make this house our own...so we have been trying to do that. It looks great!! We are very excited!

Fixing up a house can be lots of fun. I love working together with Vic and getting it done..we act silly like kids.. it's been a blast!