Friday, February 22, 2008

Trip to the ER

Well today we had another trip to the ER. What fun.. I shouldn't complain because at least my child is okay.

I was folding laundry today...there was a huge pile. Britton was in his jumpy and Bryce was roaming around the living room tearing through the piles I had already folded. I walked away for TWO SECONDS to put some towels in the bathroom when I hear a sound that sounds much like a pot or pan. Then I hear Britton SCREAM! I could tell by his scream that he was in pain. I turn the corner just in time to see Bryce running the other direction and there is a pan lying on the floor next to Britton. I run over to him, pick him up and notice three very large red marks on his head! Bryce beat him on the head with a pan!!!

I was so upset. I was more upset with myself than anything.. Last week a child lock broke on the handle to the cabinet and look what happens!!

I called the doc and she said to take him to the ER because he is so young and his soft spot is still in place. He threw up a few times but they said it was probably because he was so upset.

The didn't do a CAT Scan or anything--the looked him over and said he was fine. But, being a mother I'm still nervous about it. I'm watching him like a hawk. I'm about to go into his room and check on him before I go to bed.

I hope this is the last ER trip for a very long time!
Thank you Lord for allowing him to be okay.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yikes! Glad to hear he's ok..we had a similar issue when Caleb was one and we had just moved into our house up here in Fort Worth. It was our first time to have a brick fireplace with a hearth and sure enough, Caleb fell and busted his head. And you know how much head wounds bleed. Luckily, he was ok (not even a concussion), but head injuries are never fun to deal with in little ones.

Rachel said...

wow, that is scary. i'm so glad your baby is okay.