Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Prayer Request

Can I ask you all to pray for my family?

My cousin shot himself in the head early Saturday morning on the beach in La Porte. He was 24 years old. Nobody has a clue why he did this... All they know is that he drove to the beach, sent his dad a text message that said, " I love you dad, I'm sorry." and then shot himself. I found out about it on Sunday morning right before church started. Not exactly the Easter we had hoped for.

He has a 3 year old daughter who lived with him. I am having a hard time dealing with this because I was very close to him growing up but since I got married I didn't see him as often. He was a very sweet person.

My hope and prayer is that he knew the Lord..I feel much guilt that I didn't share the Lord with him when I had so many chances.. maybe somewhere, someone along the way shared Jesus with him.

My uncle had no life insurance on him so he is struggling trying to find a way to pay for the funeral and burial. My parents are trying to help him out with this..

Pray for the family please.. his daughter, his parents and his younger brother. His brother is 3 years younger and is in the Army. He flew home yesterday for the services.. he is married and he is due to have a baby boy on April 10th that he is naming after his brother.

Thanks-Rachel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin Rachel. We will definitely be in prayer for his family, especially the money for your uncle, and that little 3 year old daughter with no father now..is her mother involved in her life at all?
Hang in there hon, keep God close at this time and we'll pray for His grace and encouragement during this tough time for your family.

Rachel said...

oh my goodness...how sad. I am so sorry to here of this tragedy. We will definitely keep your family in our prayers.